Thursday, June 28, 2007

Independence

Independence Day is fast approaching for those of us in the United States. And while my first thoughts of this anniversary tend to go in the direction of backyard barbecues, frozen drinks, and fireworks (Sorry revolutionaries!), when I think of independence from a stress release perspective I focus on the various ideals we hold as self-evident.

"Of course I want that! It's obvious why! Jeeze you're slow."

Maybe you're referring to your career plans, finances, relationships, spirituality, or other aspect of your life.

For this Independence Day, I'm going to take a look at what self-evident truths I'm holding onto, and let one or two go.

My hypothesis is that I'll feel a lighter, freer, and more able to pursue life, liberty, and happiness.

No comments: