Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The music of life

Yesterday I listened in on an interview with Tal Ben-Shahar (Harvard professor who lectures on Positive Psychology) talk about how goals are the means to enjoying the journey. Which goes right along with how I prefer to differentiate between living a life of purpose with high standards vs. a life towards goals with high expectations (I'll elaborate more on this soon).

Alan Watts has a simple comparison between the journey of life and how we listen to music, and the creators of South Park created a fun depiction to emphasize the message in Watt's speech.


(in case you can't see the video - see it directly on YouTube)

(Thanks to Maneu for the link)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved that!
Thanks, Zo.
Really appropriate to where I am right now.
Let's dance!

Zohar said...

So happy to hear that it resonated with you, Angel!